Desert Pines Practice Center is conveniently located adjacent to the Desert Pines Golf Club, just minutes from downtown Vegas. Hours of operation vary seasonally, with the practice facility usually opening around 7 AM and generally closing at 11:00 PM. Call for seasonal hours. The upscale facilities - which are open for public use, include:
- Two tiered tee complex, lit for night practice
- 58 climate-controlled, covered tee-stations - cooler in the summer/warmer in the winter (heaters and misters)
- A computerized, automated ball-delivery system allowing players to practice without ever bending over to tee up a ball
- Among the best range-ball values in Las Vegas
- Five target greens patterned after some of the country's most famous par-3 17th holes (TPC Sawgrass, Pinehurst No. 2, Harbor Town Golf Links and Plum Creek). The fenced in range is 256 yards long.
- 2 modern teaching bays with video playback
- Separate snack bar
- Instructional clinics, group and individual lessons
- 5 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from the heart of the Strip
- Free parking
Adjacent is the Desert Pines Golf Club, which is available for public play. Visitors to the Desert Pines Practice Center have access to the putting greens at Desert Pines, and clubhouse facilities that include a full service pro shop plus beautifully appointed dining room/lounge.
The Desert Pines Practice Center is affiliated with the Walters Golf Academy. With accolades such as "Best Teachers in the State of Nevada" (by Golf Digest), "Teacher of the Year" (by SW Section of the PGA) and the Fairway Award for "Best Teacher in Nevada" - the Walters Golf Academy staff can provide the best quality instruction for visitor and resident alike. Various instructional programs - including on course teaching sessions on any of the Walters Golf properties in Las Vegas - are available. Rental clubs can also be arranged.